Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sharing a Supplier

When I started make clutches for my Etsy store, the biggest problem that I had was finding the supplies. The frames had to be purchased from suppliers in the Far East, as did the recommended glue. In November of last year, though, a U.S. Etsy shop opened up that is really worth a mention. Winn, a work at home mom of 3, opened up While Baby Naps, and she sells nickel free metal purse frames in 4 sizes, and a couple of different styles.

And, she now sells the Gutermann glue that is recommended to make your bag like the professionals do. I initially resisted using that particular glue, but after trying several others with mixed results, I finally am sold on it. Winn sells the glue in different quantities, and they are all shipped by U.S. priority mail, so you will get your order fast.


Why am I telling you this? Well, if you are a fellow sewist, and would love to make your own clutch because, well, you know you can. Go visit While Baby Naps and buy one of her kits. She sells just the patterns and instructions or you can buy a Complete Kit. That's the way I learned (with one of her competitor's kits before she opened up), and you'll discover with just a few hints, how easy they really are.

And of course, if you don't want to go to all that trouble, you can just order a clutch from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails