Now, on with the 10 things:
- Julia (yes, the one that gave me the award) and I are practically related! Let's see. My daughter, Laura, married Thomas who is from Julia's hometown, and Julia is married to Thomas' aunt's cousin. Or something like that. We've met once, but a proper meeting, where we both know who we're actually meeting, and not realizing it later is definitely in order!
- I've been in the Etsy group I mentioned, The Daily Sweets, for about 2-1/2 years now, and several of us are meeting up for the first time next month in California! I can't wait!
- I'm addicted to certain reality TV shows, especially the kinds that have competitions. Project Runway, the Amazing Race, and So You Think You Can Dance are my favorites.
- OK, so I'm also addicted to other TV shows, but I rarely turn the TV on until later in the afternoon, and then it's CNN.
- I like it completely quiet when I'm sewing, but occasionally will turn on some music, or CNN, when I want a little "company."
- I really like hot weather, and am secretly thrilled that it still feels like summer outside.
- I don't like to go fast, as in when you ride a jet ski, or ski downhill, much to my children's dismay.
- There are no teenagers in my house anymore. Both my kids are now in their 20s.
- I recently killed my son's pet fish. Who knew that betas really thrived on neglect?
- I love growing avocado trees, starting them from seeds, though I have only done it once successfully. I do have another seed trying to get started now though.
If you've made it this far, how about a Lady Grey update? I've decided to make another muslin from the changes on the first one, and I'm retracing the pattern with the changes, and I'm going to use fleece, which feels way more like the thickness of my wool than the muslin does. Pictures tomorrow (hopefully).