Friday, September 24, 2010

Award Time -- 10 Things About Me

The blogging awards are making their rounds, and earlier this week, Julia presented me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks so much, Julia! The rules are to post 10 things that you don't know about me, and to pass it on to more bloggers. First, on the passing it on... lots of the sewing bloggers that I read have already gotten this award, so I'm going to branch out, and pass it on to the Etsy group that I'm a part of, The Daily Sweets, and to those girls that have blogs.


Now, on with the 10 things:

  1. Julia (yes, the one that gave me the award) and I are practically related! Let's see. My daughter, Laura, married Thomas who is from Julia's hometown, and Julia is married to Thomas' aunt's cousin. Or something like that. We've met once, but a proper meeting, where we both know who we're actually meeting, and not realizing it later is definitely in order!
  2. I've been in the Etsy group I mentioned, The Daily Sweets,  for about 2-1/2 years now, and several of us are meeting up for the first time next month in California! I can't wait!
  3. I'm addicted to certain reality TV shows, especially the kinds that have competitions. Project Runway, the Amazing Race, and So You Think You Can Dance are my favorites.
  4. OK, so I'm also addicted to other TV shows, but I rarely turn the TV on until later in the afternoon, and then it's CNN.
  5. I like it completely quiet when I'm sewing, but occasionally will turn on some music, or CNN, when I want a little "company."
  6. I really like hot weather, and am secretly thrilled that it still feels like summer outside.
  7. I don't like to go fast, as in when you ride a jet ski, or ski downhill, much to my children's dismay.
  8. There are no teenagers in my house anymore. Both my kids are now in their 20s.
  9. I recently killed my son's pet fish. Who knew that betas really thrived on neglect?
  10. I love growing avocado trees, starting them from seeds, though I have only done it once successfully. I do have another seed trying to get started now though.
**************************************************

If you've made it this far, how about a Lady Grey update? I've decided to make another muslin from the changes on the first one, and I'm retracing the pattern with the changes, and I'm going to use fleece, which feels way more like the thickness of my wool than the muslin does. Pictures tomorrow (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. How fun to learn a little more about you! I thought I was the only one who listened to CNN while sewing! Many of my friends like to listen to audio books or watch movies. Evidently, I can't multi-task as well as they do! I can seem to handle CNN and sewing. Wonder what that says about CNN's programming or my stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for passing the award on to me - I blogged about it :-)
    http://veelana.blogspot.com/
    love the facts that you shared!

    Vee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails