I wanted to drop off some pictures of a couple of different muslins I'm working on. I'm right on schedule for the crescent skirt sewalong, as today was the fitting of the muslin. Initially, I identified 2 problems with my skirt (or maybe it's my body). First, I made view C, which is the longest, but I think it's too long. Easy fix there, and I remeasured with view B. Not sure I'll go quite that short, or somewhere in between. Feel free to speak your mind about this.
The second problem was the length of the waistband/yoke. I have what I suppose is called a low rise in that the length between waist and crotch is on the short side. Of course, with a skirt, that isn't really a factor (like it will be with the jeans sew along), but I was feeling like the waistband point ended at an awkward spot. I made a tuck all around, shortening it by about 3/4" just to see how I liked it. If successful, I was going to more precisely adjust each pattern piece. But take a look:
The other muslin I made today is the bodice of the Colette Pattern crepe dress. I think a few tweaks will make it work great. When tracing, I started with the 8 at the shoulders, angling down to the 12. The shoulder area is still a touch wide, so the 6 might even be better. I'm going to review some of Gertie's fitting tips from when she did her sew along earlier this year, too. A couple of other complaints... there is a bit too much fabric under the bust. An easy fix taking some of that extra up in the darts. The side darts are too high, but just a smidge. The back is simply too long, so a swayback adjustment is in order there. Because it's a wrap dress, I feel like there is some leeway with the back, and I don't want to overfit, and not have enough to wrap around the caboose.