Friday, April 22, 2011

RTW Jacket Finished! Vogue 8640

This has been a crazy week for me, in more ways than one. Nevertheless, I managed to do a bit of sewing, but still not as much as I wanted. I finally decided to wrap up the RTW jacket, especially since mine is not the tailored type of jacket that Sherry is doing her amazing tutorials for.

I did use some of the techniques, but finally, just needed to finish. Tonight, just the pictures. I'll do a more detailed post on how I made a Very Easy Very Vogue pattern not quite so VEVV. I know. Who makes a pattern harder? It wasn't so much that I made it harder, but I just gave it details that make it feel (if not look) more like RTW, and less like homemade.

Anyway. Pictures.

(Underneath, my Colette Patterns Rooibos dress that sort of matches.)

With the detail of the print, you can't really see the details of the pattern. I think in person some of the details are more noticeable.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely jacket Elle! Sweet photos of you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool jacket! So fun, love the bow and buttons at the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you created a beautiful jacket. I know all about making things harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute jacket! Just in time for Easter Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! And it goes perfectly with your dress - just in time for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about that jacket looks nice --fabric, lining, pattern, fit, color --everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jacket is lovely! I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the jacket. Nice shape and fabric. And you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails