Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wilma on Wednesday is Back!

Grandma Wilma and Grandpops Gerry with my little sister, Susan on a trip to Austin, Texas


After a bit of a hiatus with the Wilma recipes (due to an attempt at vegetarianism... that's for another post), I decided it was time to get on with Wilma's recipes. One of my family's favorites is a super easy one, that I have made over and over. You probably have a version you make for your own family.

Easy & Quick Chicken Divan

2 - 10 oz. frozen broccoli (I use the florets)
2 cups sliced cook chicken (I used 2 bone-in chicken breasts and roasted them for about 45 minutes, uncovered)

Place the above ingredients in a casserole pan (12" x 8").

Mix together:
2 cups cream of chicken soup (I used one can), 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I didn't measure), and 1 tsp lemon juice (I squeezed one wedge into the mayo/soup)

Spread the mixture over the chicken and broccoli. It's thick, so it kind of spreads like frosting. It will "melt" into the casserole.

Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs (I leave these off).

Bake at 350 deg F for 25 minutes.

Sprinkle grated sharp cheese over the top and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

I served this with white rice.


4 comments:

  1. I will be trying Wilma's Chicken Divan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! I do remember something similar from childhood, except that cream of mushroom soup was used - no broccoli - and my mother made it all in the electric skillet. I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, strange thing: I looked at the picture, and though it was a picture of me. I looked a lot like Susan when I was younger. Weird!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails