And one other thing... I'll sleep in the same gown until it's almost threadbare.
Why am I confessing this? Because my current go-to gown was purchased probably about 10 years ago. It's time for a new one. And I decided to make one after making an impulsive purchase at a fabric sale right before Christmas. A children's design, Monsterz by Cloud 9 Organic Fabrics, no less... what else am I going to make with it, I ask you?
The Pattern (still available in my shop):
I made view 3, with only one pocket. And one change. I added 4" of width to both the front and the back. If I make it again, I'll eliminate the opening in the back, as the neckline is plenty wide enough to just pull on over my head. I didn't change the length, but it hits just about mid-thigh on me. I used contrasting orange thread for all the decorative top-stitching.
A quick and easy way to add extra width to a pattern when you're tracing:
This may or may not be an ongoing thing, but I decided to "grade" my project, in a Home-Ec kind of way, so here you go:
Sewing Skills: B
And the final result, details first, (which I slept in last night... giving it a big thumbs up for comfort... no twisting at all):
|Back closure: snaps for baby clothes I had in my stash.|
|Pocket, with rick-rack and decorative stitching. Hem with also with a decorative stitch.|
|Yoke, with rick-rack and decorative stitch around neckline.|
|The end result!|