Tiramisu #2 is finished, and I'm calling this the Paisley Edition because, well, there are paisleys all over it. Are paisleys a thing? Singular? Plural? Nevermind.
This is a full length dress (as opposed to my original tira #1 which should be called the Peplum Edition). I took the changes I made after finishing #1 and essentially ended up with a size 30 vertically, and a 35 horizontally. Yep, short and wide...that's me. Forget about the cup size... don't even know where that ended up.
And you will notice the sleeves. 3/4 length, which is my favorite length. Basically made by making the underarm seam slightly more dolman-like. I did add the binding for a neat finish, and used only 1/4" seam allowance for the underarm to midriff because it seemed like they would be a smidge tight. They are perfect now. I actually made the piece for the sleeve separate from the bodice, but cut it all in one. Now it will be easy to choose the sleeve length, cut and go.
Oh, and I didn't gather the underbust seam, but made 3 little pleats. It's kinda hard to tell from the pictures, but I really love the end result of the pleating.
I also didn't hem it, which makes me a little twitchy, but I also don't think I want it any shorter. So the pictures... you would not believe the static electricity. Even after rubbing the inside of the skirt and my legs with a dryer sheet. Some spinning: