It wasn't until her visit to Atlanta in October that she chose her fabric, and well, it won't match the rain boots. I used the Amy Butler raincoat pattern that I made for myself and for Laura. She tried on mine, and while she really isn't any larger than me, she wanted it bigger, because she wants to be able to wear a sweatshirt underneath. People. She lives in Texas. It's hot there (recent ice storm notwithstanding). Oh, well... I think she'll be able to wear a sweatshirt.
Since I've already made this twice and blogged about it each time (click on the links for the posts), there's not much left to say. Gonna bullet-point it...
- I used laminate this time. A first. Wasn't too hard, but occasionally gave me problems.
- The sleeves were still a bitch. And not just because Mom wanted them looser and bigger.
- My sleeves were too short. Hers are extra long because she wants to roll them up to show off the lining.
- I used some of my previously traced pieces, and traced some from scratch, and had some weird things happen. They were fixed in the muslin stage.
- I was nervous about making the buttons with the laminate, but they went together like a charm.
- Don't worry about my mom seeing this ahead of Christmas... she never reads my blog. :/
And that's about it. No more sewing planned for 2013... the cutting table has been transformed into the wrapping table. If you celebrate Christmas, then you know what I'm talking about!
Happy Holidays and Happy 2014!