Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting Ready

The queue is long, June is coming, and I'm heading out of town for 10 days! Do I have any "me made" shorts? No. Do I have a "me made" beach coverup for our June vacation? No. I'm 100% sure I'm not making my own swim suit. At least not this time around. And I'm "participating" in the jeans sew along. Well, the denim is pre-washed, and measurements have been taken.

This week has been all about the prep work. I have 3(!) things cut out, and interfacing has been fused for all 3. Somehow, even using a press cloth, I ended up with:
My iron seemed coated with stickiness,and you can even see some threads glued on. Yikes. But it only took a couple minutes, and look:

So, what do I have cut out? Two things for Laura... a crescent skirt, and a cute button front dress from a 70s vintage pattern. And a top for me. Look at the pile:
And doesn't Laura look cute in her muslin? I haven't seen pics yet of her in the skirt, but she says it's perfect. Yay for that.
I'm completely caught up with the crescent sew along. Exactly caught up even (never mind that I've already finished one... I'm doing this one with the group). I think I'll pack up the skirt and finish making it at my mom's.   I'll post these next pictures in the flickr group, and Laura please chime in. Rick rack, or no rick rack. I have it on the pocket area right now, but I'm thinking of it for on the waistband, just on the curved seams.


Whew! That's it. I'm out of the house most of tomorrow, so no sewing... just packing.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, you are keeping busy and the iron looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura does look fabulous in her dress muslin --- I developed a soft spot for 70's style (during it's initial round LOL). I'm sure loving the Crescent Skirt, can't wait to make a couple more for summer :D Gosh Elle, your iron looks wonderful, I need to give mine the same treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried the eraser thing on the iron...I definitely will next time!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails