Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sneak Peak and What's Next

I've come to grips that the jeans sew along is over, and I still don't have any new jeans. My denim is washed, and the patterns are waiting, but the fact is, that I almost never wear jeans in the summer. It's just too darn hot here. Anyway, I will get them done. Just not now. In the meantime, Laura's dress is almost finished. Just needs buttons, buttonholes and hemming. Easy peasy. There are some pretty major galloping horse moments, and I have a love/hate relationship with the fabric, but here's the peak:


Have y'all looked at the calendar lately? June, and more specifically, Me Made June, is right around the corner!! Eeps! We'll be on vacation one of the weeks in June. And I have no shorts. Well, one pair, plus a couple of workout shorts... that's it. Really. Last year, my biggest wadder ever was a pair of shorts, and I'm determined to get it right this time. But time is short. So, Pants for Real People arrived today, and I recently bought this pattern.

I'll do a quick check for any real weirdness on Pattern Review, and then I'll get to sewing! I'm planning to wait on some of the reveals so June is repeat after repeat. Oh, and I'm so behind on doing pattern reviews. I've got a bunch lined up to do. Coming soon, I hope. I'm never short on pattern opinions, lol!

4 comments:

  1. Your sneak peek has got my curiosity up. Looks nice though, I love posy fabrics for the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where didja get that material? It's so 40s! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle, I made that shorts pattern many times! You will love it. It is a fantastic pattern. The fly front instructions are amazing and perfect everytime. I'm working on using that same pattern and extending the legs to make pants.
    Love the red fabric.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails