Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MOB Dress Preview

I'm home again, and between dashes up the stairs to the laundry room (college boy had LOTS of dirty laundry), I've been sewing. The MOB dress is definitely progressing and I thought y'all might like a preview.
As you can see, shoulder seams, hemming, and the zipper are the main things left to do, plus all the handsewing of the lining once the zipper is in. And a wee bit of decorating. I bought some beaded flower embellishments from my friend, Fen, of Bead Flora Jewels on Etsy. This morning I tried various placements, and I'm strongly leaning toward only on the skirt. The options are pretty open, but here are a few I like:
Of course, they'll look different with the skirt hanging as it will with the folds, so I'll take that into consideration, and while I didn't like them all the way across the midriff area, I wouldn't object to 1 or 2 there. What do you think? Do you like the swoop, randomly placed, or off to one side? Or something else entirely?

8 comments:

  1. Can I borrow that dress?! I like it solo. What about the back...could you put a few along the back vertically (top not skirt)? Or just one atop each shoulder... just throwing things out there. However, I LOVE that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be one hot momma at your daughter's wedding. I love that dress. I like the flowers each of the three ways. It is hard to visualize how they would look with the skirt hanging the way it will on you. I would just go with your own best instinct, which seems to be very good, by the way.
    Oh yeah, my ears were burning a bit the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I like the color and the fabric, and after seeing many sewists make dresses with that type of top lately I'm starting to believe I could, after all, wear one myself. :)

    I kind of like the flowers random. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with the flowers random option. I love the swoops, but I really think that the design will be lost once the dress is on.

    Gorgeous dress and I can't wait to see it finished. You're amazing, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress will be fabulous! Love the color and the style. I am a "bling junkie"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is luscious. I love the color, and I have that pattern, so I am really eager to see you model the finished garment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that dress! I lioke the beads best in the first picture - not that my opinion should or will actually matter in your decition... Go with your first instinkt, thats usually the best anyway...
    Gorgeous color!

    Vee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails