Observations about the pattern:
- very easy, very Vogue as advertised!
- Fits well. I made some adjustments to the pattern. Cut out a 14, tapered to a 16 at the waist and a 16 for the skirt. Eliminated the back darts. Ended up needing about a 1" seam allowance after my pinfitting. I think next time I'll cut out a straight 14 all the way. I did a sway back adjustment to the bodice, and I think I could do just a smidge more. I didn't change the pattern length at all (amazing!).
- It's a great basic sheath pattern. Next time I plan to leave off the collar and do a neckline treatment I saw on a dress at Talbots. The neckline is a teeny bit wide which you can't tell with the collar, so I'll have to fix that.
- I used an invisible zipper, so the construction order was altered to allow for that.
- The instructions for understitching the lining at the collar are a bit confusing (or would be for a beginner). I'm not sure if this picture helps any, but it might:
Happy May Day!