I'm only giving you one picture, so let's save it til the end, m'kay? Scroll down if you just can't wait another second, but if you can wait, here are some highlights and lowlights, in no particular order.
- Decided on some pockets, a la Sallie. I think it was the ponte, but I do take some responsibility.
- There are pockets, but they have been sewn shut.
- The pants turned out oddly high waisted. I scooped out about an inch and a half down in the front, because the back seemed fine.
- The back really isn't fine, needs to be just a bit lower.
- Decided on the side zipper, but not an invisible one.
- I caught some skin when wearing my other pair of clovers that do have an invisible zipper. Ouch. Plus, I live in fear of invisible zipper failure.
- Decided to do a lapped regular zipper.
- Ripped it out one time.
- Re-inserted. Yikes, it was oddly lumpy in places where I don't actually have lumps.
- Ripped it out again.
- Decided on NO zipper. With the knit, I can pull them on.
- The inside looks like a dog's breakfast. (I love that phrase, I hope I'm using it correctly... like is it A dog's breakfast, or just dog's breakfast?)
- No one can see the inside, thankfully.
- Ponte doesn't fray.
- I made a blind hem. It looks great. They are maybe a tad long. That's ok.
- I'm not sure I'll wear them in public.
- Then again, they would be really comfortable on a plane trip.
- Still. Maybe they will just be house pants.
I know. Super cute shoes, right?!