Friday, November 4, 2011

Vogue 1252, aka The Wedding Dress

I'm kinda loving calling it The Wedding Dress. So much easier than the dress that I'm wearing to a wedding I've been invited to. I'm going to show it to you, but remember, this is just about the dress, not about the styling. The complete look will have to be revealed later.


Starting with the back. The neckline was gaping a lot.
That fence heading down the hill is really messing with me. Seems like there's a lot of leaning going on. I used a zipper that has the little crystals, and wow, it is not straight. I'll have to remember that when I get dressed for the wedding... make sure someone straightens me up in the back. I put darts in the neckline and ripped out the shoulder seams after first taking off the facing (which was bad news). I think I pulled up 4 inches of extra fabric that was gaping.


I haven't decided yet between sheer black hose or black tights, so pretend like that's what you're seeing instead of blinding white legs. Also, pumps instead of loafers.
I haven't tacked the drape across the front yet and not sure I will. It's supposed to be pulled down over the boobs, but with the busy print, I don't think it really makes any difference in look. And that's it.


Hmmm, the dogs kind of match my color scheme, don't they!


Oh, other than shortening the sleeves and lengthening the bodice, I didn't make any other fit changes, cutting a straight 14. When I lengthened the bodice, for the back pieces, I only lengthened the sides, leaving the center back the original length. That took care of the sway back alternation.


Not sure I'll have a better looking dance partner...


Twirly fun...
Have a great weekend! Hoping to have a new pair of clover pants to show off Sunday or Monday.

8 comments:

  1. It's so pretty. Love the print and I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great on you! I vote for sheer hose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty dress!! I love the print, and agree with Shannon--->nude or sheer hose. Silver or gold jewelry???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress looks so lovely! Have a wonderful time at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 'wedding dress'. It looks very chic and pretty. And the dogs do match perfectly - perhaps you should take them with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! And I too, *love* the dog :o)
    You look wonderful in the print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I have just discovered your blog via Colleterie and your featured post. I'm now following you.
    Your dress looks fab, as do all your other makes (had a browse through your older posts).
    Like you I sew and have done for as long as I can remember. I'm just getting back into making my own clothes. I have to travel to London to buy fabrics though, or buy on line, as there are no fabric shops anywhere near.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your dressmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and I am so glad that I did. This dress is next on my list and was a bit afraid of it. You pointers are going to be on mind when I make m muslin. You look great and have a wonderful time at your wedding.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails