Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wilma on Wednesday: Apple Crisp

It's just not fall without dozens of apple crisp recipes turning up on the interwebs. So through me, I'll share Wilma's with you. This is one of her more vague recipes, so the red text is how I interpreted the instructions. It's short, but very sweet!


Apple Crisp


1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
Pour over apples, then sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
I used 4 honeycrisp apples (which tasted amazing alone), peeled, sliced fairly thin, and placed in a 9 x 9 square pyrex. I squeezed a bit of lemon juice over the apples before the sugar/flour mixture, and then sprinkled on the spices. I could have been a bit more generous with the spices.


Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (I used about 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup flour


Bake for 50 minutes at 350 deg. F.


So yummy!



1 comment:

  1. You're right - it's just not fall without apple crisp. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails