- Fabric is a black gabardine. A great fabric, nice and drapey, that feels lightweight, but does have some sponge-y thickness (this came into play making the "waistband")
- I was in a hurry, so the seam edges are serged.
- Hurrying continued, so the hem is the folded over twice, top stitched per the instructions in the pattern.
- The waistline stretched, and while it was wearable, kept slipping down during the workday.
- I fixed the above problem by stitching, at the waistline, a 1-1/4" wide elastic on the inside. I'll be wearing that skirt a lot!!
Now, the pictures... the pocket:
Looking professional (no, I can't wear the jacket at work, except to arrive. C'est la vie.):
The twirling (thanks, Ashley, for the great picture-taking!)
I've got the next Pavlova circle skirt cut out, and it's not black!! Hall.E.Lu.Jah! And I'm giving the wrap top another go, this time in a soft, thin, drapey jersey.