Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Roland!

Today is Roland's birthday, and a day I'm always looking forward to. It's hard being the older woman (by only 6 months), and now he's back to being the same age I am!


The cake is another Grandma recipe. I'm not going to post the recipe unless I'm overrun by requests, but she called it "Summery Chocolate Cake". Not sure what makes it summery except that it appears to be a "light" recipe... you know, one of those that uses applesauce to replace some of the fat and the eggs. It appears to be on the thin side, and if it's worthy of a remake in flavor, I will use a smaller pan. Obviously we haven't cut into it yet, but the batter was delicious, and the frosting *ahem* was too.


In sewing news, I have finally finished the cutting out of my Colette crepe dress. We have an hour or so before we go out to dinner, so I think I'll go do a little sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails