And now, without further ado:
A few observations:
- The sleeves don't stay on my shoulders that well as I opted not to put in the recommended elastic. I just had to go with an off the shoulder look after fussing with it the first hour or so.
- I'm not that happy with the fit over the bust. It looked great in the cotton muslin that is more form fitting than the stiff taffeta. Oh well.
- I need a different strapless bra.
- Tulle is itchy even over the polyester lining that it was sewn to.
- The entire outfit is probably highly flammable.
- The sleeve seam became not really noticeable. Something I was initially worried about.
- For a formal dress, it is actually very comfortable (aside from the itchy tulle and slipping shoulders). Primarily because I didn't need any belly smooshing undergarments.
- The pattern includes instructions and a pattern piece to make a belt. I just happened to have a RTW belt from another dress that matches perfectly.
My photo shoot buddy, Danny