Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Queue

I managed to get one thing completely sewn in January. The raincoat. But there is so much that I have lined up, and I actually have fabric (or have ordered fabric), so like my UFOs, I'm going to put it out there, and hopefully I'll pick up some momentum.

One thing that will really help, is that I bought a coverstitch machine! It's still in the box, though, as my basement redo is not finished. It may just stay unfinished, for the moment, but it is considerably better. Still I have some things I want to make before winter is over. It would seem there is no fear of that happening from the amount of snow being dumped on the U.S. right now, but Atlanta is blissfully snow free. (Hopefully I didn't just jinx things.)

First up:
I plan to make View C in a gray knit I bought in Maryland in September. I hope I won't turn as green as the poor girl in the picture!

Not sure which one of these will be next, but I have fabric for both:

[Interesting how these pictures turned out... seems I scanned them as illustrations, and not photos.]

Finally, a vintage pattern that I bought from The Blue Gardenia.
My inspiration is this Talbots jacket in their spring catalog:
I may work on this while I'm working on the knit tops, as it's definitely going to be a more involved process.

In the meantime, I'm still working on turning UFOs into FOs, and this week has been successful. More on that on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. A coverstitch machine! How wonderful. I keep looking at them and then putting it off.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails