I've made an executive decision on behalf of you, my readers, and have decided that my non-sewing UFOs are too mind-numbingly boring to share. Seriously. Do you really care if I manage to clean off my desk heaped with piles of paper? Or that I do my ironing from last fall? I don't really even care, and so, um, I didn't even do those chores that seem to just be hanging around to taunt and harass me.
I did manage to finish a sewing UFO though, and made 2 clutches for my shop. Now, these 2 actually are almost identical, and I've already sold 2 like them, so was in the process of making these last spring when I got sidetracked. Who knows with what. Perhaps I was afraid of an accident with teeny, tiny seed beads. And it was well that I should have been afraid, because Wednesday afternoon there were dozens of red beads stuck in my white-ish berber carpet. Nevertheless, knowing Friday was looming, I soldiered on, and finished.
Now for more experimental sewing. The ingredients for this experiment were the last remaining bit of baby blue interlock knit, some black foldover elastic, and my coverstitch machine, still threaded with baby blue thread.
Finally, even though I had a friend drop in and visit most of the afternoon, I still managed to cut out the muslin bodice for my formal dress. Here's the pattern I'll be attempting:
attempt, so I'm starting fresh. Hopefully, I'll have the new attempt posted this weekend.