Wednesday, October 20, 2010

W is for Wisdom

"The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go oft awry."
~Robert Burns, To a Mouse

While I'm not at liberty to go into details here, suffice it to say that my plans for sewing a sequin-y new dress for Sunday, and the cutting out of my Lady Grey coat have been temporarily put on hold. Thank you all for your sequin tips. I'll be carefully reading those and researching soon. And I think, after reading a Glamour magazine on a recent plane trip, I'm going to switch out the satin for some tweed. Apparently glammed up tweed is quite in this season. It just won't be made by Sunday.

As for the coat, perhaps it will be cut out this weekend. Then it will be gathering up all of Gertie's wonderful tailoring tips and getting to work. I'm told it will be winter in Atlanta eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails