Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Almost Done

How about a sneak peak of these cute little flower girl dresses? I think this will be my last post about them until after Saturday when the girls have their first fitting. Truthfully, it had better be the last as well, because there isn't really a lot of places I can do any altering.

In the meantime, I'll be working on the cummerbund which is turning out to be the hardest part. I am simply not happy with the way it's looking, and I can't say I wasn't forewarned, as a reviewer on Pattern Review experienced the same thing. The gathers at the end are simply not enough to hold up the fabric in the middle, resulting in an extremely unsightly droopiness. Ugh! I need to figure out a fix that doesn't involve a lot of ripping out, but I fear that's my destiny. I just don't have any more of this fabric, and don't want to buy more. I tried to take a picture to show you, but pictures don't really convey the whole problem. Ah well, the dresses really turned out well.
I did add a taffeta ruffle under this dress, because the lined portion just seemed too short.
And finally, the larger dress with 4 tiers:

7 comments:

  1. what darling dresses!!
    you have done a tremendous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so very pretty. The taffeta ruffle really makes a difference. It gives even more body to the dress. What about tacking the sash to the dress across the front. Or making gathered loops from scraps of the chiffon. It would be pretty to have two on the front, one on each side and maybe even two on the back. I need to go back and look at the original pattern. Or you could put snaps across the dress for the sash to attach to. Just thinking as I type. I'm sure you will work this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an award. To pick it up go over to my post from today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, adore them...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails