Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weekday Roundup #2, Days 12, 13, 14, 15

September 12
Dress: Butterick 5181, blogged here.
Shoes: Sofft

Thoughts: This sundress is comfortable enough, and fits pretty well, though the bodice is kind of weird. Not visually, looking at the picture, but more of a weird feeling when wearing. And it's really... flower-y. Maybe better suited to spring and early summer.


September 13


Top and belt: Talbots
Skirt: Simplicity 2211
Shoes: Sofft

Thoughts: I still need to write about the construction of this skirt, but it's really comfortable, fits well, and this is how I imagined wearing it. I think the belt really finishes the look, and I have a lot of black tops for fall and winter, so add tights and boots, and I have a year-round skirt.

September 14

Top: McCalls 5522, blogged here.
Shorts: Kwik Sew 3614, blogged here.

Thoughts: These are two pieces in my closet that have gotten lots of wear this summer. I find chambray to be a fabric that can go with so much, and the shorts are seersucker, the perfect summer fabric here in the south. It's water theme day over in the flickr group, and while I'd love to be at the beach, my journey with water today involved the washing machine and dishwasher. I turned on the sprinkler for the pic, and got a rainbow for a little decoration.


September 15


Top: Colette Patterns Violet
Skirt: Talbots

Thoughts: This is Violet's debut, hot off the sewing machine just yesterday. I'll do it's own post about some of the construction, but it's made of a quilting cotton that has a little green houndstooth pattern. Click on the pic to enlarge and see it.

But, a fitting question...
Do you see those diagonal wrinkles leading from the yoke to my armpits? I have a couple of ideas on how to fix them, but what do y'all think? Wider bottom piece with more gathering? Deeper armholes? The sleeves are a titch tight, and I'm wondering if that is contributing to the pull. Ignore the bad tucking in job, I've had this on all day, hence all the skirt wrinkles, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Just now seeing this post. You asked for fitting comments on your Violet shirt. It looks to me, though it's hard to tell with the arrows in the way, that the shoulders of the shirt are too large, plus you appear to have sloping shoulders. Try making a muslin with the shoulders reduced about 1.5" (you might have to make a sloping shoulder adjustment), and the sleeves will probably need a large bicep adjustment, which will alleviate the tightness you were experiencing.

    Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails